Each Competent Authority nominates a National Contact Point (NCP) on Cross Border Healthcare, which is responsible, among other things, to provide information on the followings:
1. The contact details of the National Contact Points in other Member States.
2. The rights of the patients insured in Cyprus when receiving healthcare in a different Member State, as well as the procedures for accessing and determining these rights.
3. The rights of the patients insured in other Member States when receiving healthcare in the Republic of Cyprus, as well as the procedures for accessing and determining these rights.
4. The healthcare providers in the Republic of Cyprus, the right for provision of services of specific providers or possible restrictions on the exercise of their profession, supervision and assessment of healthcare providers.
5. The procedures for filing a complaint and the methods of appeal.
6. The legal and administrative choices for the settlement of any differences derive from the provision of healthcare treatment.
7. The terms and conditions for reimbursement of cost to patients insured in the Republic of Cyprus.
8. The accessibility to hospitals for the disable people.
The contact details of the National Contact Point for Cross border Healthcare in Cyprus are as follows:
Dr Christos N. Schizas, President
National eHealth Authority
1, Prodromou & 17, Chilonos Street
1448 Nicosia, Cyprus
Call Center: +357 22 605300/301